Raising Hope's fundraising events for Mariyasadanam in Pala comprise:
- Car Wash: (Sun, July 7, 2019) We raised $1,000+ to purchase playground equipment for the children at Lisieuxsadanam.
- Our impending Summer Windup BBQ: (Sun, August 25, 2019) All proceeds will benefit Lisieuxsadanam. Join us for an afternoon of games, music, food, and much more:
Raising Hope has held several fundraisers to raise money to support the girls from Balabhavan in India. Below are some of the activities we have conducted:
- Raking Leaves: Every year, the members of Raising Hope go out into our neighborhoods and rake leaves to raise money. This seasonal activity not only raises funds, but also serves as a bonding activity for the organization.
- BBQ Family Picnic Fundraiser: Raising Hope holds biannual BBQ Family Picnics in which we invite community members, friends, and family to attend an evening of food, fun, and games. During the event, members of Raising Hope holds a presentation about our activities and future aspirations, and encourage participants to donate to the cause.
- Nursing Home Visits: Members of Raising Hope also participate in community outreach events. For example, every few months we visit nursing homes and present cultural activities such as Indian dancing and singing. We also spend time playing games with the elderly at Nursing Homes.
- Christmas Caroling: Every year, during the holiday season, members of Raising Hope visit nursing homes to share the Joy of Jesus with the elderly. We sing carols and perform dances to entertain the nursing home members.
- Community Service: Raising Hope contributes to the local community through various community service activities. For example, we cleared trails at the Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed and volunteered at Soup Kitchens.